Harris Pye is looking for Welders to join our site in Llandow (CF71) on a permanent basis. You must have previous experience working in a heavy industry- Steel/Nuclear/Energy/Power Plant/ Waste to Energy etc as the workshops are building boilers for a new Waste to Energy Plant.
Fusion joining of steel metal using welding machines, welding consumables and accessories, through processes to which they are skilled and qualified.
Carry out all welding works required by the company.
- Read drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and weld procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structures to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Proven experience as welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is required
- Coding’s – GTAW, SMAW, GMAW, FCAW
- Ability to weld in 6G position
- Previous Industrial/Boiler experience
- Must have EN15614 & EN9606 certificates
- Build good, professional relationships with all staff.
- Good organisational skills
- A good standard of attention to detail
- Maintain a clean relevant driving license
Monday-Friday. 40 hours a week.
Negotiable at the interview depending on experience.
20 days + 8 bank holidays
Please submit your CV if you are interested. You must be able to provide 2 working references.