The group is actively seeking to recruit the following personnel:
Senior Design Engineer (Piping)
Design the piping systems products as per project requirements in compliance with all applicable and relevant legislation, standards and codes.
Participation in organisation and in preparation of piping aspects deliverable, calculation reports and specifications
- To liaise with Classification Society or/and Regulations Authority to ensure the safety & integrity of design;
- To prepare formal responses and clarifications to comments from Clients, Subcontractors and Classification Societies on the drawings, calculation reports and specifications;
- To recommend and follow up all quality assurance and safety factors/requirements applicable to the design;
- To identify and prepare specifications for the piping systems and equipment related as per project scope;
- To advise Project managers on the piping aspects as per project tasks;
- To supervise as requested and advise junior staff;
- To perform inspections and site surveys as requested;
- To provide assistance to maintain Company’s ISO certification as related to engineering design;
- To execute additional tasks not listed here above but necessary to the Company depending on needs.
- Always follow all company’s Management System procedures, Standard Instructions and Work Instructions relevant to design and drafting;
- Be able to analyse, determine and specify the piping requirements and considerations applicable to the design and engineering activities as per project tasks;
- To ensure high quality of design and engineering deliverable;
- Be able to achieve targets and projects completion in time, to work under tight schedule;
- To participate in interdisciplinary co-ordination and design reviews;
- To demonstrate characteristics of professional and functional team player.
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience in the shipbuilding/ marine / offshore sector;
- Minimum of bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent recognised engineering qualification.
- Experienced and competent user of piping software as Caesar II, CAD Worx etc.;
- Literate in Microsoft office suite;
- Able to produce 2D / 3D drawings using CAD software;
- Experienced in basic and detail engineering design, has basic interdisciplinary knowledge;
- Well versed with International Standards, Classification Society rules and regulations for Vessels, Offshore structures & Drilling Units;
- Familiar with Shipyard practices and standards, has good knowledge of welding details;
- Good analytical, planning and reporting skills;
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV including, salary package expectation, qualifications and relevant experience and to the Human Resources Department on: email@example.com
Applications to be submitted quoting a reference number in the subject line – DESPIPING#HR001