The group is actively seeking to recruit the following personnel for their Llandow, UK office:
- To monitor, maintaining and document the quality of: Materials, manufacturing Processes, & installations & to ensure that, client, third party inspection authority and in house procedures & specifications are adhered to.
- Work in conjunction with others within QA department
- Liaise with QA Manager
- Liaise with Workshop, Project & Repair Managers
- Liaise with third party inspection authorities
- Carry out internal audits & liaise with all internal departments as and when necessary
- Carry out random & planned inspections of materials, manufacture/installation processes in accordance with company and or client, third party procedures and specifications
- Collate and submit QA documentation for quality Dossiers
- Instigate and arrange third party NDT/DT
- Undertake additional duties as and when requested
- Verification of materials and accompanying certification
- Scanning of material certification for traceability purposes
- Carrying out necessary inspections and completing
- Documentation/forms for QA dossiers.
- Control of tube stock & documentation of received & issued tube
- Stock taking of tube stock
- Overseeing welder qualification & weld procedure tests
- Producing welder performance qualification certificates
- Updating welder qualifications and welder register
- Producing procedure qualification records and weld procedure specification certificates
- Contacting and arranging third party testing non and or destructive testing
- Completing contract weld maps and NDT request forms
- Providing welder qualifications and weld procedures to site managers
- Carrying out internal audits
- Advising on materials and weld consumables
- Calibration of pressure gauges and production of certificates as and when required
- Maintaining calibration on master QA instruments
- Maintaining ASME quality manual and including addenda as and when received
- Documenting issue and return of survey equipment
- Assisting on boiler surveys
- Taking Micro replication samples of materials for interpretation purposes
- Writing replication reports
- Witnessing DPI, UT thickness gauging and pressure testing as and when required
- Accompany third party inspectors at workshop or on site with regards to QC activities
- Undertake any additional duties as and when required by the business
- Ensuring adherence to all company policies & procedures
- To identify system weaknesses and suggest new/efficient procedures to strengthen it
- Attention to detail is essential
- Good organisational skills
- Relevant qualifications, engineering background preferred
- A professional attitude and good communication skills are essential as the role requires regular interaction with all staff and third party inspection authorities
- Computer literate
- Promoting company quality management procedures.
- Good communication skills – in order to communicate professionally with third party inspection authorities.
- Knowledge of materials, welding processes and consumables used for a multitude of materials.
- You may be required to drive any of the company vehicles as and when requested (i.e. to visit various company sites and client sites) therefore, a valid licence must be held at all times.
This position will be based at the company’ Llandow facility in South Wales, United Kingdom.
Successful applicants will be contacted in order to progress the recruitment process.
Salary: £32,000 – 35,000 /year depending on experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV including, qualifications and relevant experience, where applicable, to the Human Resources department on: Becky.Hares@harrispye.com
Applications to be submitted quoting a reference number in the subject line – QAQC_UK#HR001