Harris Pye is looking for Platers to join our site in Llandow (CF71) on a permanent basis. You must have previous experience working in a heavy industry- Steel/Nuclear/Energy/Power Plant/ Waste to Energy etc as the workshops are building boilers for a new Waste to Energy Plant.
To deliver a high quality, consistent and competent plating/fabrication construction service in accordance with project/ company requirements, standards and procedures.
- To support overall delivery of company goals and schedules.
- To ensure that all work scope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, material or environment.
- To perform all required discipline tasks safely, consistently and in accordance with project requirements, procedures and specifications.
- Read, understand and implement all applicable company project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the plating/fabrication structural work scope is completed safely and to a high standard.
- Be capable of setting out and marking from authorized drawings all required materials.
- Be capable of operating safely and in a timely fashion; Saws, Press brakes, Rollers, Vertical/Magnetic drills/borers etc.
- Complete all work scope in accordance with applicable work pack/ job card instructions, associated procedures and drawings/ sketches.
- Provide support to other trades/disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
- Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) in order to complete work scope in a controlled and safe manner.
- Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete work scope in a safe and controlled manner.
- Have relevant experience in heavy industry practices including rolling of heavy gauge plate for pressure vessels.
- Any other additional and relevant duties required.
- To ensure that all plating/fabrication activities are completed to a high standard.
- To ensure that you are adhering to all policies & procedures and are working safely.
- To ensure that maintenance is carried out correctly, whilst being mindful of product costs (i.e. any waste etc.).
- At least two years of experience in fabrication
- Ability to comprehend blueprints and work specifications
- Welding certificate completion
- Understanding of construction tasks and industrial processes
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Relevant qualifications
- Build good, professional relationships with all staff.
- Good organisational skills
- A good standard of attention to detail
Monday-Friday. 40 hours a week.
Negotiable at the interview depending on experience.
20 days + 8 bank holidays
Please submit your CV if you are interested. You must be able to provide 2 working references.