The group is actively seeking to recruit the following personnel for their Mumbai Office,
Lead Naval Architect / Marine Structural Engineer
Supervision and coordination of all naval architectural activities of marine engineering and design as per project requirements
Master’s Degree in Marine / Ocean Engineering or Naval Architecture
- To lead and coordinate the design and engineering naval & structural activities on a project through a team of engineers and draughtsmen
- To identify the scope of works, plan activities & set up the targets as per project schedule, estimate required man-hours to complete in time, prepare the job packages and distribute them between team players
- To monitor and review internally produced analysis reports, drawings, specifications and standard documentation relevant to naval & structural designs and all other related matters
- To ensure that project documents related to naval & structural aspects are met all project requirements, accurate, checked, signed, stored properly and issued in a timely and efficient manner
- To perform inspections and site surveys as requested
- To execute additional tasks not listed here above but necessary to the Company depending on needs
- Minimum of 8-10 years of previous experience in the shipbuilding / marine / offshore sector with proficiency in all aspects of naval & structural basic as well as detail engineering design
- Skilled in analysis & design of marine and floating structures, equipment foundation design, reinforcements of existing structures due to retrofit projects
- Experienced in equipment vendor document review for structural input requirement point of view
- Experienced and competent user of Structural analysis software as STAAD pro, Sesam GeniE, SACS, etc.
- Experience in developing Excel spreadsheets (using VB Macros) for structural element & connection design as per project requirement will be an added advantage
- Ability to lead detail design and engineering activities of structural design for marine and oil & gas projects independently
- Proficient in using Microsoft office suite (including outlook), AutoCAD, Navisworks. Shall have experience in 3D model review from structural point of view
- Shall have worked on large scale projects in multidisciplinary environment with strong interdisciplinary co-ordination skills
- Experienced in structural steel connection design, review & approval of fabrication drawings, resolving shop/yard queries & co-ordination with Project Team
- Well versed with International Standards, Classification Society rules and regulations for Ships and Offshore structures such as AISC, DNV, ABS, MODU, Lloyds, BV, etc.
- Familiar with Shipyard practices and standards
- Self-motivated with strong analytical, planning, reporting and organizational skills
- Attentive to details with ability to work independently
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
This position is based in Mumbai, India.
Attractive salary package will be available to the selected candidate commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV including, salary package expectation, qualifications and relevant experience, to the Human Resources Department on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be submitted quoting a reference number in the subject line – MUM#DES_ST01