Harris Pye is looking for Labourers to join our site in Llandow (CF71) on a permanent basis. You must have previous experience working in a heavy industry- Steel/Nuclear/Energy/Power Plant/ Waste to Energy etc as the workshops are building boilers for a new Waste to Energy Plant.
The Labourer is responsible to providing assistance to services staff in completing their assigned tasks.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Clean trucks as scheduled and/or required
- Ensure trucks and equipment are safely and securely stored
- Clean water tank as required
- Maintain daily records of pick-ups
- Ensure equipment and tools are stored in a safe and secure
- Clean and make minor repairs to equipment and tools ensure
- Ensure that services buildings and facilities are maintained in a clean and orderly manner
- Provide manual labour services as and when required
- Operate basic hand tools such as saws, shovels, rakes, etc.
- Operate basic power tools such as lawn mowers, brush cutters, snow blowers, etc.
- Provide manual labour assistance on various tasks and assignments
- Perform other related duties as required
- Knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools
- Knowledge of equipment cleaning standards and procedures
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Client service and public interaction skills
- Team building
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Time management skills
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Deal with the public in a positive, courteous and respectful manner
Monday-Friday. 40 hours a week.
Negotiable at the interview depending on experience.
20 days + 8 bank holidays
Please submit your CV if you are interested. You must be able to provide 2 working references.