The group is actively seeking to recruit the following personnel for their DMCC office, Dubai, UAE:
Technical Manager – Design
- Managing of all engineering and design activities within multidisciplinary projects from the proposal phase until the hand-over to the Client
- To define the overall design concept, distribute the work scope between the relevant design sections and coordinate the design and engineering tasks and activities to be performed on the projects;
- To establish the engineering, design schedule and manpower plan & to ensure the work is completed in accordance with the overall project schedule and budget;
- To ensure the overall design integrity and the selected technical solutions are resulting in a safe, operable and cost effective manner;
- To ensure all spent man-hours are accurately recorded and reported against budget hours;
- To approve all design documents produced by engineering and draughting team;
- To ensure all design documents are produced in accordance with company quality system requirements;
- To liaise with Classification Society or/and Regulations Authority to obtain approval of the design deliverables;
- To provide guidance, technical support and on-the-job training to the subordinates and perform personnel assessments;
- To provide assistance to maintain Company’s ISO certification as related to engineering design;
- To manage design work in a way that ensures safe, timely, efficient and profitable delivery of high quality design meeting all projects requirements;
- To develop a close working relationship with Technical Department, Clients, Vendors & Sub-contractors.
- Degree in Marine and Mechanical Engineering or equivalent recognized qualification is preferable.
- Minimum of 20-25 years of previous experience in the shipbuilding / marine / offshore sector;
- Experienced & competent user of engineering calculation software, literate in Microsoft office suite;
- Proficient in all aspects of engineering design, experienced in multidiscipline projects;
- Expert in design codes and materials specifications;
- Well versed with International Standards, Classification Society rules and regulations for Vessels, Offshore structures & Drilling Units;
- Familiar with Shipyard practices and standards;
- Self-motivated with strong analytical, planning, reporting and organizational skills;
- Leadership feature with good inter-personal skills;
- Excellent communication skills in English.
This position is based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates and therefore only UAE based candidates need to apply.
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV including, salary package expectations, qualifications and relevant experience, to the Human Resources Department on: email@example.com