The group is actively seeking to recruit the following personnel for their DMCC office, Dubai, UAE:
Repair managers are responsible for specific projects and should be capable of estimating the labour and materials required for tendered work, based on ship surveys and client supplied specifications, as well as overseeing the work on site, you will ensure that they are able to reach their key objectives which include, but are not limited to the following
- Although the position is office based, majority of our clients are in the Marine Industry and consequently overseas travel will be required
- Reporting directly to the Technical Superintendent/Director you will be fully responsible for the promotion, execution and successful completion of turn – key projects as required by our clients.
- Extensive marketing and client visits will also be required
- To take inquiries from clients (verbal or written) and to carry out site surveys if necessary, this may require extensive travel when the contract is abroad
- To estimate and prepare a quotation for the specified contract
- To arrange and process terms of payment with the client as laid out in the company standard terms and conditions
- On award of contract, to arrange necessary labour and purchase materials to carry out the contract to the client’s satisfaction and time frame
- To manage the contract on site and in conjunction with the project manager to the satisfaction of the client and to observe the relevant health and safety regulations in force at the time
- From time to time you will be set other objectives as defined by senior management with the objective of growth for the division
- As a Repair Manager you will from time to time be required to manage the contract on site for extended periods and to supervise the progress of the installation to conform to the current regulations
- On completion of the contract, progress final payments and sign off sheets for customer satisfaction
- 5+ years of Supervisory management experience, preferably in a repair operation
- Degree in Engineering
- Excellent Leadership ability
- Exceptional analytical, written and communication skills
- Technical troubleshooting/repair background preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
This position is based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates but world-wide travel will be required.
Due to the mandatory requirements of the marine and oil and gas industries the candidates must be physically fit and prepared to undertake industry specific safety training and medical examinations.
An attractive salary package offer will be available to the selected candidates commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Previous applicants should not re-apply.
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV including, salary package expectation, qualifications and relevant experience, where applicable, to the Human Resources department on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be submitted quoting a reference number in the subject line – TECH#HR004