The group is actively seeking to recruit the following personnel for their India Office:
Electrical Superintendent – Land Rig
- Shall provide for preventive, routine and non-routine maintenance and for the repair of the electrical equipment and machines and of the related control boards;
- Ensure that all reporting routines are followed and that all equipment related paperwork are carried out within his area of responsibility, such as maintenance records, updating of service and instruction manuals, instructing procedures, etc.
- Keep the stock of spare parts and consumables for the equipment of his/her responsibility at the appropriate level by verifying the stock levels and reporting to his/her superiors the deficiencies taking in consideration future maintenance requirements and delivery time;
- Monitors the reliability of spare parts utilised;
- Supervise the disassembly, loading, unloading and assembly of the power plant and electrical devices and equipment
- Be familiar with all classification society and authorities rules and regulations applicable to his/her area of responsibility;
- Ensure that all orders and instructions received verbally or in writing are fully understood and adhered to;
- Be safety conscious in all his work and use compulsory protective equipment;
- Ensure he/she is familiar with all applicable work and safety procedures, and promote implementation of same;
- Ensure that before any maintenance activity is started, a proper investigation is carried out, precautions have been taken the equipment have been properly isolated from the main switchboard, the circuit breakers are locked, warning signs are posted and the “work permit” has been signed;
- Instruct all personnel assigned to him/her of their duties and responsibilities and of any special safety precautions to be taken prior to start-up of any work;
- Ensure that personnel working under his/her supervision as well as him/herself carry life vests and safety lines when working in exposed area or in around the moonpool;
- Promptly report all accidents, near-miss accidents, Non-Conformance’s and safety hazards to his/her immediate superior;
- Participate in safety meetings and safety drills held on board;
- Carry out his/her duties according to the Emergency Preparedness Action Plan when needed;
- Ensure good housekeeping in his/her working areas;
- At least 8 years experience on land / offshore drilling Rigs. Of these years, minimum 5 years must be as a Chief Electrician.
- Experience working in land rig drilling operations preferred
- A degree / diploma in Electrical Engineering preferred
- The individual has Safety, Communication & supervisory skills
- Proficient in Computer.
This position is based in India and therefore only India based candidates need to apply.
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV including, salary package expectations, qualifications and relevant experience, to the Human Resources Department on: email@example.com
Applications to be submitted quoting a reference number in the subject line – MUM#DES_ST07