The group is actively seeking to recruit the following personnel for their DMCC office, Dubai, UAE:
- The Electrical Estimator must be capable of estimating the labour and materials required for tendered work, based on surveys and client supplied specifications for offshore, power and oil and gas industries, will ensure that they are able to reach their key objectives.
- Operate from Harris Pye DMCC office in Dubai or any other group office/station as may be deemed necessary to service company clients and to operate to the company’s international market
- Estimate and prepare a quotation for the specific contracts, turn-key projects, electrical systems as well as estimating the purchase costs of materials as required by the client
- Liaise with company business developers, project managers and repair managers based globally and assist them in quotations
- Carry out site surveys as and when necessary, this will require extensive global travel
- Establish bills of quantity from drawings and site surveys
- Liaise with external suppliers and the company purchasing departments to provide equipment and material costs
- Liaise with third party inspection agencies/Class
- Understand and review commercial and technical risks and ensure risks are mitigated during bid preparation
- Preparation and presentation of technical and commercial bids to the technical and commercial manager for approval
- Reporting activities and project updates in a weekly meeting
- Industrial/offshore background and/or site/shop experience
- Educated to degree level with added Electrical qualification
- Be familiar with international codes and Electrical Standards
- Have experience of estimating on large projects
- Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate materials for the a/m industrial standards and associated components
- Ability to read and interpret P&ID, isometric drawings and G/A drawings to estimate the cost of manufacture and prepare bill of quantities
- Use of P/C with extensive use of MS Excel, Word and MS Project and PDF Acrobat
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Clear understanding of QA/QC requirements and the application
- Experience in commercial terminology to face contractual clauses, payments terms and guarantees, etc.
This position is based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates and therefore only UAE based candidates need apply.
Attractive salary package will be available to the selected candidate commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV including, salary package expectation, qualifications and relevant experience, to the Human Resources Department on: firstname.lastname@example.org